"I Never Imagine That I Could Win" Sisterspeak237 Winner Speaks

 

Ashunganya Nchafac Nkemlemo Precious, Winner of Sisterspeak237 April contest

Ashunganya Nchafac Nkemlemo Precious, a Medical Laboratory Science student at the University Of Buea (FHS), current President of the University of Buea Commonwealth Club, and founder of "My Future Tomorrow", an initiative that engages youths in Sustainable building and development of communities through creative and artistically appealing solutions and actions, has told The Pecker237 that she never imagine she could win the Digital Literacy Contest organized by Sisterspeak237. She made the statement shorty she was declared winner of the 4th and last edition of the contest. 

"I don't think anyone competing in any contest will do so with an intention other than winning. However, when submitting it was not really about winning anymore because the stakes were against me. I believe I submitted last with barely 24 hours to the closing of the votes, and considering that my colleagues in the competition had gone far in terms of social media engagement, my intention switched from winning to just sensitizing people through my submission, but thereafter judging from the way people where reacting to my submission, I was beginning to say but 'Pre you can win this thing oo'", she said.

According to the statistic in a press release issued by Sisterspeak237, Ashunganya Nchafac Nkemlemo Precious recorded a score of 95/100 from her online votes, which constitutes 50% and that of the jury completes the other 50%. she is followed by Akalambi Claire at the 2nd position with 80/100 while Solar Marie Manjo 75/100 at the 3rd position. Ashunganya Nchafac Nkemlemo Precious says her motivation sterm from her creativity. 

"My motivation for competing in the first place which was during the January edition, was because I would not want to miss out on an opportunity to put my creativity to work. But I did not succeed after spending a whole night with my partner editing that first submission. That failure became my motivation for coming back into the competition for the second time. And well look where that got me", She added. 

The aspirant film director who is undergoing training says her first intention was to submit a short movie but due to the bulk of work involved and the limited time she had, she decided to settle for what she called plan B which she is so happy that plan B  still realize the goals of plan A.

On her part, Mrs Ndamo Damaris one of the juries involved in the project commended the entries received since January and says the contest organized by Sisterspeak237 met its objectives.

 "Over the months and editions, we have successfully perused through amazing creative works of Art by different contestants who have understood the primary purpose of this campaign. This 4th edition has been very engaging and proves the mission and goals to spread love and peace through media literacy have been achieved by both the contestants and SisterSpeak237. From Spoken Word to Short films/drama concepts pioneered by these contestants have been laudable and I must applaud them for that. Congratulations to the winners of the previous editions and I to that of this 4 edition" Says Ndamo  Damaris.

Note should be taken that this Digital Literacy Contest is part of the Sisterspeak237 Digital Literacy Project currently under implementation with funds from the US Election in Cameroon. The project kicked off by training 46 youths and Influencers in the South West Region of Cameroon on the concepts which they are contesting after committing to use tech for the promotion of peace and truth guided by the following tags:

#Toktrue 

#PepperTheTruth

#ThinkB4UClick.

"The April edition brings the contest to an end but we encourage you all to continue in the fight against fake news and hate speech", said Sisterspeak237.

By Neba Jerome



nebajerome3@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts